Sullivan County – Indiana State Police initiated a criminal investigation on June 4, 2020, after receiving information from the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Department indicating that a female juvenile had been sexually battered.
The Indiana State Police investigation revealed that Collin W. Kelty, age 21, of Terre Haute, Indiana, allegedly had been involved in sexual misconduct with a female juvenile.
After reviewing the investigation, the Sullivan County Prosecutor Ann Smith-Mischler requested a warrant for Kelty’s arrest. Sullivan Circuit Court granted an arrest warrant on August 7, 2020. Kelty was served the arrest warrant today at the Sullivan County Jail, where he was already incarcerated from another investigation.
Investigating Officer: Master Trooper Detective Angie Hahn of the Putnamville District.
Assisting Agencies: Sullivan County Sheriff’s Department, Sullivan County Department of Child Services and Susie’s Place.
Arrested and Charges: Collin W. Kelty, 21, Terre Haute, IN
- Sexual Misconduct with a Minor, Level 4 Felony
- Sexual Misconduct with a Minor (2 counts), Level 5 Felony
- Child Solicitation, Level 5 Felony
- Vicarious Sexual Gratification – Victim under 16 but older than 13 (3 counts), Level 5 Felony
- Dissemination of Matter Harmful to Minors (2 counts), Level 6 Felony
Photo: Collin W. Kelty
Under the Law, criminal charges are merely accusations and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law.