Putnam County Hospital will be offering curbside COVID testing beginning Monday, August 10, 2020. Testing is available by scheduling an appointment at (765) 301-7019, Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. Putnam County Hospital asks that you please register for an appointment in order to serve every patient at a scheduled time.
The staff of Putnam County Hospital ask that you arrive no earlier than five minutes before your scheduled appointment time and follow the signage to the Respiratory Symptoms parking area. This will help keep the traffic flowing smoothly.
What should I do if I have come in contact with someone with Covid-19 or feel like I have COVID related symptoms?
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop symptoms, such as fever, cough or difficulty breathing, please call your healthcare provider for medical advice. Your provider may refer you to get a COVID-19 test. Please consider scheduling a curbside test at Putnam County Hospital by calling 765-301-7019. A curbside test is convenient and reduces the need for coming into our clinic and hospital facilities.
What should I do if I have questions about protocols for county schools?
All of the county school systems have had their school re-entry plans approved through the Putnam County Board of Health. If you have questions regarding school re-entry protocols related to COVID please visit your community school corporation websites. Any specific question should be directed to your school corporation contact.
What else can I do right now?
It is up to all of us to take action to stop the spread of COVID-19. Follow these simple steps to keep yourself and those around you safe:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are showing symptoms of illness.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your cough or sneezes with a tissue or sneeze into your elbow.
- Throw the tissue in the garbage and make sure to clean your hands afterwards.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wear face coverings in public when performing essential duties.
We are all in this together.
Putnam County is providing regular updates on COVID-19 to citizens as part of its effort to complement the daily updates from the Indiana State Dept. of Health. The updates can be accessed via www.coronavirus.in.gov.
To learn more about Putnam County’s coordinated response to COVID-19, please visit the Putnam County Hospital at www.pchosp.org/covid-19-updates or the Putnam County Health Department at www.putnamhealthindiana.org.