(Greencastle, Ind.) Putnam County officials provided a daily COVID-19 update to the public today.
Currently, there are 27 confirmed cases in Putnam County. The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) has begun sharing the number of individuals who have been tested on its website. According to the ISDH, the number of tests is provisional and reflects only those reported to ISDH. Numbers should not be characterized as a comprehensive total.
Additional updates include:
- The Putnam County Health Department is maintaining regular contact with people who have confirmed cases of COVID-19. This includes checking in with patients who are self- isolating to make sure they are staying
- Mental health resources are available for county residents. Putnam County Hospital’s team is sharing resources to help the community navigate these challenging Visit www.pchosp.org to learn more.
- Putnam County Hospital would like to thank the community for their overwhelming support. “In recent days, our team at the hospital has been the recipient of community support that is both uplifting and sustaining,” said Dennis Weatherford, CEO. “From small businesses who are donating their time and services to individual citizens who are sending cards, we are so grateful for these generous ”
- Some Putnam County offices are open for essential business on Thursday. The following offices are open for essential business tomorrow, April 9, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Assessor’s Office, Plat Office, Auditor’s Office, Recorder’s Office, and Treasurer’s Office. The courthouse will be closed on April 10 for Good Friday.
- The Putnam County Courthouse remains open, but only citizens who are performing essential business, such as court-related matters, are allowed past the first floor. The Courts are staffed in some capacity throughout the day, and the Prosecutor’s Office is open every day from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Clerk’s Office is open every day from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. by appointment only. While some offices may or may not have a “physical” presence, a representative is continuing to serve the public.
- The City of Greencastle is closed on April 10 for Good
It is imperative individuals take action to avoid COVID-19 to prevent its spread. A number of preventive steps include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60%
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed
- Avoid close contact with people who are showing symptoms of
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and
- Cover your cough or sneezes with a tissue or sneeze into your
- Throw the tissue in the garbage and make sure to clean your hands
- Stay home when you are
- Wear face coverings in public when performing essential
- We are all in this
Putnam County is providing regular updates on COVID-19 to citizens as part of its effort to complement the daily updates from the ISDH. The ISDH updates occur at 10 a.m. and can be accessed via www.coronavirus.in.gov. Please refer to the above statement regarding the number of tests the ISDH lists on its website.
To learn more about Putnam County’s coordinated response to COVID-19, please visit the Putnam County Hospital at www.pchosp.org/covid-19-updates or the Putnam County Health Department at www.putnamhealthindiana.org.