Vigo County – October 30, 2019, at approximately 7:30 p.m., Megan Lehman, age 24, of Terre Haute, IN, was stopped for no tail lights, near 7th Street and Davis Avenue, by Trooper Andrew Mattern. Further investigation by Trooper Mattern revealed that Lehman was under the influence of a controlled substance. During a consent search of Lehman’s vehicle, marijuana was discovered. A seven-month-old infant and six-year-old child were with Lehman in the vehicle. The Vigo County Department of Child Services was contacted and the two children were released to the grandmother. Lehman refused to submit to a certified chemical test and was taken to the Vigo County Jail.
Arrested and Charges: Megan Lehman, 24, Terre Haute, IN
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a passenger less than 18 years of age, Class 6 Felony (2 counts)
- Neglect of Dependent, Class 6 Felony (2 counts)
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated, Class A Misdemeanor
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person, Class C Misdemeanor
- Possession of Marijuana, Class B Misdemeanor
- Driving While Suspended (Prior) Class A Misdemeanor
Photo: Megan Lehman
All Suspects Are Presumed Innocent Until Proven Guilty in a Court of Law.