To allow some much needed rest for the reindeer before Christmas, Santa will be arriving to Greencastle’s final First Friday of 2018 on a fire truck. Santa should arrive around 5 p.m. this Friday, Dec. 7.
Santa will be listening to Christmas wishes until 7 p.m. in the Putnam County Courthouse rotunda. Trolley rides provided by John Shoffner Farm Machinery will available from 5-8 p.m. weather permitting- Update: due to the treatment put on the roads, the antique farm machinery can not be driven on them for the trolley rides, but all other activities will still be taking place.
Festive activities at local merchants include:
– Myers’ 5 East – ornament making;
– Conspire – free samples and sale;
– Bear Threads – ugly Christmas sweater contest;
– Wasser – cocktail specials and live band;
– Cricket’s – specials and a treat;
– Eitel’s & Co. – ”visions of sugar plums” sweet wishes treats, hot cider and in-store specials;
– The Inn at DePauw – decorated patio, invited to take holiday photos inside or outside;
– Wilson’s – chex mix & punch, mini photo sessions, showcasing photo charms;
– Fineline Chocolates – candy box specials;
– Burdge Boots – hot chocolate, coffee, cookies and store specials;
– Putnam Inn – Christmas cocktails and gift card specials;
– CVB – hosting Civic League gift wrapping.