Tuesday, May 8 primary will be the first in Putnam County without designated polling places for each precinct. Putnam County Commissioners made the choice last year to move to vote centers and away from polling places for all 31 precincts.
Instead, primary voters may cast their ballots at any of the eight following locations:
• Putnam County Courthouse, 1 Courthouse Square, Greencastle
• Reelsville Fire Department, 7748 S. CR 625 West, Reelsville
• Floyd Township Fire Department, 6901 E. CR 380 North, Fillmore
• Greencastle American Legion, 1401 Indianapolis Rd., Greencastle
• Cloverdale American Legion, 501 S. Main St., Cloverdale
• Bainbridge Community Building, 201 N. Grant Ave., Bainbridge
• Putnam County Fairgrounds Community Building, 191 N. U.S. 231, Greencastle
• Wellspring Christian Church, 3256 S. CR 725 East, Coatesville
Polling sites will be open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on election day. An Indiana driver’s license, Indiana state ID, federal ID or passport is required to be able to vote.
Early voting has also been open on the second floor of the courthouse since Tuesday. This will continue during regular courthouse hours through Monday, May 7.