An update on the fire that occurred in Brazil on Saturday, December 2nd. The Brazil Fire Department responded to an emergency fire situation located at an apartment complex located at 120 West Jackson Street in Brazil. When firefighters arrived on scene they observed heavy black smoke and fire from the apartment windows located on the 6th floor of the complex. Emergency crews evacuated the residents and were able to successfully contain the fire. Upon investigation it was found that the fire was started by accident as no foul play is suspected. For the residents that were displaced they were taken to an immediate shelter located at Jackson Gardens and the American Red Cross Setup another shelter at the Meridian Elementary School. At this time the residents have already been cleared to move back into their respective apartments. The investigation into the fire is still ongoing.