On October 23rd at approximately 3:28pm, the Greencastle Fire Department was dispatched to a residential fire located at 405 Meadow Drive in Greencastle. When firefighters arrived on scene they spotted heavy smoke coming from the residence and that the five residents had already made it out of the home which still contained the family’s pet cats. At approximately 3:40pm fire crews were able to distinguish the fire and save the family’s pets. Damage was estimated to cost roughly $3,000. The cause of the blaze was a dryer that caught fire.