Greencastle Fire Department Responds to Dryer Fire

On November 10th the Greencastle Fire Department responded to a residential fire at approximately 6:47pm. The scene of the fire was located at 1177 County Road 200 North in Greencastle. When firefighters arrived on the scene they entered the back door of the residence and were instantly met with light smoke and low visibility. Firefighters were able to locate the fire in the basement of the residence and began to extinguish the flames. Further inspection revealed that the cause of the fire was a dryer. Upon this discovery the GFD turned off the breaker to the dryer and turned the house back over to the home owner. The only damage sustained in this fire was to the dryer estimated to be about $500 in losses. No injuries were reported.

Tags: , , , ,